Focus: Ensemble Skills
Prior to attending the workshop, participants are individually assigned to cello quartets and one of five cello choir sections. These assignments are based on the results of self-assessment questionnaires completed by the participants. Cellospeak takes great pains to appropriately place participants so that they get the greatest value from their experiences at the workshop.
At the conclusion of the program, participants and faculty perform publicly in a cello choir – an all-cello multipart ensemble that plays original compositions and arrangements.
- The program includes:
- Warm-Up Classes and Sectionals
- Quartet Coaching and Performances (music assigned at the workshop)
- Cello Choir (music prepared in advance)
- Time daily for individual practice or pick-up groups
- Optional afternoon activities – e.g. sight-reading, faculty workshops, guest lecturers
- Final public concert featuring performances by the Cello Choir and Faculty
Click for a Sample Ensemble Week Schedule.