Focus: Individual Skills
Prior to attending the workshop, participants are individually assigned to one of four skill group levels (Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced). These assignments are based on the results of self-assessment questionnaires completed by the participants. Cellospeak takes great pains to appropriately place participants so that they get the greatest value from their experiences at the workshop.
At the conclusion of the program, participants and faculty share the fruits of their collective labor in an informal group demonstration.
- The program includes:
- Technique and Musicianship Classes (music sent in advance)
- 6 half-hour (or 3 1-hour) private lessons with faculty member
- Time daily for individual practice or pick-up groups
- Optional afternoon activities – e.g. sight-reading, faculty workshops, guest lecturers
- Individual recital performances with piano accompaniment
Click for a Sample Skill Builder Week Schedule